Thursday, August 20, 2009

Karla

The person I spent the most time with during my first three months in Nicaragua was my 10 year old host sister Karla. She is one of the funniest people I have ever met and a giant drama queen. She always thought she knew the answer to everything and loved to explain to me everything about Nicaragua. We have a relationship very much like real sisters; I love her to death and sometimes can´t stand being in the same room as her.

Here is a video I took of her one of the last days of training. We were making a cake with left over batter from our youth group. After an hour of refusing to be filmed she decided that she did have something to say. This video captures her personality perfectly: she is cute and enthusiatic and then starts complaining and fake crying. For those who can´t understand her, she is talking about how we are making a cake. When I say her name, she has just started talking about how I am mean because I have nothing to decorate the cake with and it´s so horrible that just has to start crying.

Now that I´ve been away from her for almost 3 weeks, I miss her a lot more than I thought I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment